The purpose of the Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) is to champion and support science centers, technology centers and museums, and the entire science engagement field toward a vision of increasing understanding of and engagement with science and technology among all people.
ASTC is a membership association based in North America that has supported the global science engagement field since 1973. ASTC creates strategic opportunities, develops intellectual capital, and assembles resources to support members in realizing their missions and engaging their communities.
As a leading convener for the science engagement field, ASTC is committed to:
- Championing public engagement with science by:
- promoting the work of science and technology centers and museums.
- Collaborating and strengthening member connections across the full breadth of science-engagement ecosystems.
- Building greater support for science engagement activities and institutions.
- Strengthening members and their capacity by:
- Helping grow the diversity and skills of member institutions’ workforce.
- Facilitating innovation, connection, learning, and collaboration among members.
- Collecting and sharing data and research.
- Building a more equitable and sustainable future by:
- Supporting members to lead with their communities on addressing climate change and biodiversity, equity and justice, and other critical issues.
- Spreading and scaling equity-focused approaches to science learning and engagement.
- Expanding members’ individual and collective impact in their communities and across the world.
Additional ASTC resources can be found below: